Best Janome Sewing Machine For Beginners
Are you a beginner looking for a reliable and easy-to-use sewing machine? Look no further than Janome! Janome is a well-known and trusted brand in the sewing world, offering a range of machines for different skill levels and budgets. As a beginner, it can be overwhelming to choose the right machine that fits your needs, but with Janome, you can rest assured that you’re getting a high-quality product that will make your sewing journey a breeze.
In this article, we’ll explore the best Janome sewing machines for beginners, highlighting their features and benefits to help you make an informed decision. Whether you’re just starting out or looking to upgrade your current machine, Janome has something for everyone.
Top 5 Best Janome Sewing Machine For Beginners
1. Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine is the perfect choice for beginners looking to start their sewing journey. One of the standout features of this sewing machine is its ease of use. With 12 built-in stitches, it offers just enough variety for beginners to learn and experiment with. These stitches can be easily selected using a turn dial, and their length is also adjustable. The only downside is that only the width of the zigzag stitch is adjustable.
Additionally, the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine offers several convenience features to make your sewing experience more enjoyable. The free arm allows you to easily stitch around pant hems, collars, cuffs, and other hard-to-reach areas. It also has a storage compartment to keep all of your accessories within close reach and a drop feed for free-motion sewing.
The bonus kit that comes with the machine includes 10 extra bobbins, size 14 needles, multiple feet, and a screwdriver for maintenance purposes. This is a great value and will save you the extra expense of buying these items separately.
The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine is made of metal and has a white color. It has product dimensions of 3.94″D x 7.09″W x 5.51″H, and it weighs 6.88 kilograms. It is powered by AC and is electric, making it easy to use and reliable. We may read also best sewing machines for intermediate sewers
- You will appreciate the ease of use of this machine, making it ideal for beginners.
- The 12 built-in stitches are perfect for someone just starting out and are easy to select using a turn dial.
- The machine includes a free arm for stitching around pant hems, collars, cuffs, and other hard-to-reach areas.
- A storage compartment is included to keep all the accessories within close reach.
- The bonus kit contains 10 extra bobbins, size 14 needles, multiple feet, and a screwdriver for maintenance purposes.
- The machine is made of metal, making it durable.
- The machine only has 12 built-in stitches which may not be enough for more advanced users.
- The length of the stitches is adjustable but only the width of the zigzag stitch is adjustable.
- The machine is on the heavier side with a weight of 6.88 kilograms.
- The machine is electric and requires an AC power source.
2. Janome 8077 Computerized Sewing Machine
The Janome 8077 Computerized Sewing Machine is a great option for beginners who are willing to invest in a better sewing machine. With 30 built-in stitch patterns, you’ll have plenty of options to practice and learn with, including decorative stitches and buttonhole stitches. The selection process is made easy with selector buttons and an LCD screen, so you can easily find the perfect stitch for your project.
One of the standout features of this sewing machine is its adjustable sewing speed. With three levels to choose from – fast, faster, and fastest – you can tailor your sewing experience to your skill level and the project at hand. This feature is indicated by 1, 2, and 3 fast forward arrows respectively.
In terms of convenience, the Janome 8077 has a lot to offer. It features an automatic bobbin winder, a top-load bobbin with a transparent cover, and an automatic needle threader to save you time and make your sewing experience more enjoyable. Additionally, the sewing machine has a free arm, a storage tray, and a start/stop button, which eliminates the need for a foot pedal.
Made of metal and powered by a corded electric source, the Janome 8077 is a durable and reliable option for your sewing needs. It is an electric machine. With all these features, the Janome 8077 Computerised Sewing Machine is a great option for beginners who want a versatile and user-friendly machine that can grow with them as they develop their skills. So, it’s a perfect fit for the person who wants to take their sewing to the next level.
- You get 30 built-in stitch patterns, which include decorative and buttonhole stitches for more options to practice and learn with.
- The selection process is simplified with selector buttons and an LCD screen display.
- You have the option to adjust the sewing speed in 3 levels for convenience.
- Additional features include an automatic bobbin winder, top-load bobbin with transparent cover, automatic needle threader, free arm, storage tray, and a start/stop button.
- The 8077 is a computerized sewing machine and may be more expensive than other options.
- The power source is corded electric, which may limit mobility while using the machine.
3. Janome HD3000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine
The Janome HD3000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine is a versatile and reliable addition to any sewing enthusiast’s collection. With 18 built-in stitches, you’ll have a wide range of options to choose from for all your projects. The machine also features a built-in needle threader, making threading the needle a breeze. The reverse stitch lever allows you to easily sew in reverse, making it easy to reinforce your stitches and prevent unraveling.
The Snap-on presser feet make it easy to change between different types of fabrics and projects. And with foot pressure adjustment, you’ll be able to fine-tune the pressure to suit your needs. The machine also includes 8 stitches and 1 one-step buttonhole, allowing you to tackle any project that comes your way.
The Janome HD3000 is made of metal, ensuring its durability and longevity. The machine’s dimensions are 10″D x 19″W x 15″H and it weighs 18.7 pounds, making it a solid and well-built machine. It is powered by electricity and comes with a hard case to protect it when not in use.
- The Janome HD3000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine comes with 18 built-in stitches, giving you a wide range of options for your projects.
- The machine has a built-in needle threader, making it easy for you to thread the needle.
- The reverse stitch lever allows you to easily sew in reverse, adding an extra level of control and precision to your sewing.
- The Snap-on presser feet make it easy for you to change out the feet for different types of projects.
- The foot pressure adjustment allows you to customize the pressure of the presser foot to your liking, providing you with even more control over your sewing.
- The machine also has 8 stitches and 1 one-step buttonhole, making it easy to create buttonholes.
- The machine is quite heavy at 18.7 pounds, which can make it difficult to move around.
- The machine is quite large, measuring 10″D x 19″W x 15″H, which may not be suitable for those with limited space.
4. Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine
The Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine is a versatile and reliable option for all your sewing needs. With a top-loading jam-proof bobbin system, you can be sure that your sewing experience will be tangle-free. The 7-piece feed dog ensures precision fabric control, making it easy to work with even the most delicate fabrics.
With 18 stitches including a built-in buttonhole, you’ll have a wide range of options to choose from for your projects. The handy carrying handle makes it easy to transport your machine to classes or wherever your next sewing project takes you.
The machine is 110-volt and made for use in the US only. It’s made of white plastic and has the dimensions of 10.5″D x 18.75″W x 14.75″H. The weight of the machine is 17.2 pounds, making it easy to move around. The Janome Magnolia 7318 is a treadle-powered machine that is electric.
The Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine is a great option for anyone looking for a reliable and versatile machine. With its jam-proof bobbin system, precision fabric control, and wide range of stitches, it’s perfect for both beginners and experienced sewers. Plus, its compact size and handy carrying handle make it easy to take with you wherever you go. We may read also best intermediate sewing machine
- You will appreciate the top loading jam proof bobbin system, which ensures tangle free sewing.
- The 7-piece feed dog allows for precision fabric control.
- With 18 stitches, including a built-in buttonhole, you have plenty of options for your sewing projects.
- The handy carrying handle makes it easy to transport the machine.
- It is a 110-volt machine, designed specifically for use in the US.
- It is a treadle powered machine, so you will need to use a foot pedal to operate it.
- The machine is not suitable for international use, as it is only 110-volt.
- The weight of the machine is 17.2 pounds which may be a bit heavy to move around.
5. Janome MOD-50 Computerized Sewing Machine
The Janome MOD-50 Computerized Sewing Machine is the perfect addition to your crafting arsenal. With 50 built-in stitches, including 3 one-step buttonholes, you’ll have a variety of options to choose from for all your sewing needs. The one-hand needle threader makes threading a breeze, saving you time and hassle. The top loading bobbin with clear cover and 7-piece feed dog system ensures smooth and consistent stitching.
You’ll love the convenience buttons like the start/stop button, reverse, locking stitch and needle up/down, making it easy to control your sewing experience. The backlit LCD display with easy navigation keys makes it easy to select the stitch you need and make adjustments. The free arm and drop feed features make it easy to sew sleeves, cuffs and pant legs.
This sewing machine is built to last with a durable metal construction and a 25-year limited warranty. With a compact size of 7″D x 16″W x 12″H and a weight of 12.7 pounds, it’s easy to store and transport. The sleek red color adds a touch of style to your sewing room.
If you’re looking for a versatile and reliable sewing machine, the Janome MOD-50 Computerized Sewing Machine is the perfect choice. With its wide range of features, ease of use and durable construction, it’s sure to provide you with many years of crafting enjoyment. So, it’s a perfect fit for both beginners and experienced sewers.
- You will have access to 50 built-in stitches, including 3 one-step buttonholes, for a variety of sewing projects.
- Threading the machine is made easy with the one-hand needle threader feature.
- The top loading bobbin with clear cover and 7-piece feed dog system make for smooth and efficient sewing.
- The convenience buttons, such as the start/stop button, reverse, locking stitch and needle up/down, allow for easy operation.
- The backlit LCD display with easy navigation keys and free arm feature make it easy to select and customize your stitches.
- The drop feed feature allows for free motion sewing and quilting.
- The machine comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
- The machine is electric, so you will need to have a power source nearby when using it.
- The machine is quite heavy, weighing 12.7 pounds.
- The dimensions of the machine are 7″D x 16″W x 12″H, so it may take up more space in your sewing area.
In conclusion, the Janome 2212 is an excellent choice for beginner sewers. It is easy to use, versatile, and affordable. It has a variety of stitches, a built-in needle threader, and a free arm for sewing cuffs and sleeves. Additionally, it is lightweight and compact, making it easy to store and transport. The Janome 2212 is a reliable and durable machine that will last for many years, making it a great investment for any beginner looking to start their sewing journey. Overall, it is a reliable and durable machine that will last for many years, making it a great investment for any beginner looking to start their sewing journey. We may check also how good are handheld sewing machines
Is Janome good for beginners?
Yes, Janome is a good brand for beginners. They offer a wide range of affordable, easy-to-use sewing machines with features that are suitable for starting to learn how to sew.
What brand of sewing machine is best for beginners?
For beginners, Brother, Janome, and Singer are all good brands to consider when purchasing a sewing machine. They offer a range of features and price points to suit different needs.
Which sewing machine is best for daily use?
It depends on your specific needs and budget. A basic, reliable machine such as the Brother XM2701 or the Janome 2212 would be suitable for daily use. It is always recommended to read reviews and compare features before purchasing a sewing machine.
How to choose a Janome sewing machine?
Consider your sewing needs and budget, then research and compare models to find a Janome machine that fits both. Check for features such as stitching patterns, buttonhole options, and speed. Read reviews and ask for recommendations from experienced sewers.